Главная  |  Форум  |  Статьи  |  Блоги  |  Галереи  |  Консультации по ГВ  |  Расписание занятий
по-русски   latviski
суббота, 04 Мая

Фотозал

Занятия и экскурсии

Фотозал

Фотозал

Креатив Лавка

Купи-продай

ПоискПоиск    ГруппыГруппы    ПрофильПрофиль

страницы
1 2 3
предыдущая  |  следующая

helen offline helen Сообщение Вс Ноя 22, 2009 18:51 Ответить с цитатой

Houses of horror: would you want to live next-door to these bizarre painted homes?

Picture: REX FEATURES
Now for a few bizarre houses we wouldn't mind living next-door to. An engineer and businessman in the coastal town of Cesme, Turkey, put a huge aquarium outside his house in place of a garden wall...
View more bizarre houses

в начало Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора

helen offline helen Сообщение Пн Ноя 23, 2009 14:29 Ответить с цитатой

Smiling on Facebook costs Canadian her insurance

Facebook can be a double-edged sword, a Canadian woman learned when an insurance company cut her health benefits, claiming she was healthy after seeing pictures of her smiling in bikini at the beach.
Nathalie Blanchard, 29, took long-term sick leave from her job at IBM in Bromont, Quebec, more than a year ago for severe depression. She was receiving monthly benefits from her insurance company, Manulife.
When Blanchard called Manulife to inquire why the payments dried up, the insurance company said that "I'm available to work, because of Facebook," she told CBC television.
She said that Manulife cited several pictures Blanchard had posted on her social networking website page, including some showing her enjoying herself during a male strip-tease show at a Chippendales bar, celebrating her birthday and bathing in the sun.
Based on these postings, the firm claimed Blanchard was no longer depressed. Read more

В шоке В шоке OMG, social networks do control our life. Вспотел

helen offline helen Сообщение Вт Ноя 24, 2009 14:16 Ответить с цитатой

Cops on trail of "gingerbread town" vandals

As Reuters informs : The people of Bergen rolled out the cookie dough Monday as local police tried to sniff out vandals who destroyed the Norwegian city's traditional Christmas decoration -- a town of gingerbread houses.

Saturday vandals entered a massive tent in central Bergen and crushed most of the 650-cookie-house town Слёзы , topping off the ruins with paint and fire extinguisher foam.
"The people who did this must be full of gingerbread dust, They will smell a long way," police inspector Erik Sveaas told news agency NTB.

Local media reported that the destruction had shocked the residents of Bergen, a picturesque city on the North Sea coast where children decorate hundreds of gingerbread houses every year before Christmas. Печально

Poor children, stupid vandals!

Have you already started cooking gingerbread? Новый год

DiaanaBolgare offline DiaanaBolgare Сообщение Вт Ноя 24, 2009 14:59 Ответить с цитатой

We haven't started cooking gingerbread yet, but the scene reminds me of one in the movie "Chocolate" starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp - where the city governor destroys the chocolate ensemble lovingly perfomred by the chololate shop owner and other citizens. He refused the joys of life for such a long time that it lead to the vandalism. What moved those gangsters - i can't even imagine.

Diana's Language Coaching
Говори уверенно. Воплощай мечты.
www.dlc.lv

в начало Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора Skype

helen offline helen Сообщение Ср Ноя 25, 2009 15:16 Ответить с цитатой

World's worst photo-fit helps capture suspected murderer

Bolivian police managed to track down a man wanted for murder even though they were working from what has been described as the world's worst photo-fit.
A taxi driver, named in Bolivian media as Rafael Vargas, was murdered in what police said was either a drugs-related hit or a crime of passion.

In March, police found his body, which had been stabbed 11 times before being burnt.
Officials issued an appeal for help, and one neighbour drew a picture of what she believed the suspect looked like - though many other people have said her drawing resembles nothing more than the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.
The picture, more reminiscent of a child's school drawing than a piece of forensic evidence, consists of a pair of eyes, lopsided lips, a broomstick-shaped nose, and straight eyebrows topped with hair resembling a thatched roof.
A newsreader presenting the image on Bolivian television has become a Youtube sensation.
Read more Daily Telegraph and watch video

helen offline helen Сообщение Чт Ноя 26, 2009 14:29 Ответить с цитатой

Former businessman lives on no money for a year

A businessman gave up his career to live on no money for a year after becoming disillusioned with consumerism.
Mark Boyle said giving up his job, possessions and money to live the life of a pauper in a rusty old caravan was the best decision he has ever made.
The 30-year-old has vowed to continue with his money-free life for good, adding: "It’s been fantastic. I never really knew how much stress and worry money brought to my life until I was free of it.
“People often ask me if I miss my old world... stress, traffic jams, bank statements, utility bills... why would I miss any of that? Now I’ve tasted life without money I never want to go back to the way I lived before.”

Mr Boyle said he survives by growing vegetables on his one-acre plot of land. He also forages for mushrooms, nuts and berries, as well as picking up waste food from supermarkets and restaurants.
More info how to survive without money

helen offline helen Сообщение Пт Ноя 27, 2009 13:07 Ответить с цитатой

The Big Picture

This week's Big Picture winner - and recipient of a Nikon Coolpix P90 camera worth £379.99 - is Chris Moore from Billinge, Lancs, for this colourful shot of Mount Fuji taken from Kawaguchiko Town.

Read more about THE BIG PICTURE competition

This can be interesting in the framework of new devision on KKM FOTO MUM Краснею Rock Счастье нереальное Туса

helen offline helen Сообщение Вс Ноя 29, 2009 20:40 Ответить с цитатой

Why Potter Double Puts A Spell On Daniel

Photo: AP

The strain of shooting two films at once has left Harry Potter suffering a bit of a dizzy spell.
Daniel Radcliffe says filming some scenes for The Deathly Hallows has been so intense, it gave him a cold he couldn't cast off.
"'I'm in every day, basically," Daniel explains when Sky News catches up with him on the set at Leavesden Studios, near Watford. "I was lying in a pool of mud and dust and smoke and it irritated my throat and I developed a cold."
As Ananova informs: This time round the cast are doubling-up on their duties. The seventh book has been divided into two films that are shooting back to back. The first will be out in November 2010.
"It's getting quite confusing," laughs Rupert Grint as he takes a break from shooting to talk to Sky News. "We're kind of mixing them together, and because I've got longer hair in the second part I do lose track."
The film of JK Rowling's sixth book, The Half Blood Prince, took more than £500m earlier this year, and is expected to make millions more when released on DVD in December.
But while all Potter fans know exactly what to expect from the final big-screen adventure, the details are being kept under a cloak of invisibility.

helen offline helen Сообщение Пн Ноя 30, 2009 14:14 Ответить с цитатой

Phone box has new life as library

A traditional red phone box has been recycled into one of the country's smallest lending libraries - stocking 100 books.
Villagers from Westbury-sub-Mendip in Somerset can use the library around the clock, selecting books, DVDs and CDs.
As BBC informs : Users simply stock it with a book they have read, swapping it for one they have not.
"It's really taken off. The books are constantly changing," said parish councillor Bob Dolby.
He added: "It is completely full at the moment with books. Anyone is free to come and take a book and leave one that you have already read.
"This facility has turned a piece of street furniture into a community service in constant use."
Westbury-sub-Mendip Parish Council bought the phone box from BT in a national scheme for a token £1.
BT has received 770 applications for communities to 'adopt a kiosk', and so far 350 boxes have been handed over to parish councils.
Phone boxes have been turned into art installations, a shower and even a public toilet.

helen offline helen Сообщение Вт Дек 01, 2009 20:00 Ответить с цитатой

Paris ballet 'flashmob' hits Louvre pyramid

Photo:AFP

Fifty dancers from the Paris Opera Ballet astounded museum-goers Sunday when they suddenly emerged from the crowd under the Louvre's glass pyramid entrance and started strutting their stuff.
They danced to the music of Johann Strauss's "Blue Danube" before being joined by 200 people who had earlier signed up to the "flashmob" performance, and jiving to the sounds of pop groups Queen and Daft Punk.

As AFP informs :After just three minutes the dancers melted back into the crowd after leaving behind them dozens of pairs of ballet shoes marked with the web address of a children's charity for which the event was organised.
The charity called La Chaine de l'Espoir (The chain of hope) provides medical care for poor children in developing countries.

I adore such events! Здорово

helen offline helen Сообщение Ср Дек 02, 2009 13:47 Ответить с цитатой

Snake chokes on its own tail

A pet snake required emergency veterinary surgery after it attempted to eat his own tail.
Reggie, a 3ft kingsnake, almost had to be put down when it mistook its tail for another snake and took a bite, but found itself unable to regurgitate the tail due to its backward-facing teeth.
As Daily Telegraph informs: The snake’s owner was only alerted when it began to choke. Reggie was rushed to Seers Croft Veterinary Centre in Faygate, West Sussex, where exotic reptiles expert Bob Reynolds prised open its mouth, dislocated its jaw and removed the tail before it had been digested.
“Its teeth were acting like a ratchet,” Mr Reynolds told the Daily Mail. “If a snake like this one is kept in a space that is too small then there is always a temptation for it to lunge at its own tail.
“They can’t spread themselves out and they think their tails are another snake.”

DiaanaBolgare offline DiaanaBolgare Сообщение Ср Дек 02, 2009 19:13 Ответить с цитатой

as to flashmobs me too, I like them and dream to witness one...

Diana's Language Coaching
Говори уверенно. Воплощай мечты.
www.dlc.lv

в начало Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора Skype

helen offline helen Сообщение Чт Дек 03, 2009 14:59 Ответить с цитатой

DiaanaBolgare :
as to flashmobs me too, I like them and dream to witness one...

me too. Здорово And even participate. But only creative one! Внимание!

helen offline helen Сообщение Чт Дек 03, 2009 15:02 Ответить с цитатой

A new car for £1,400

Removable wrap is the easy way to change your car's colour.
It's the perfect gift for the indecisive motorist ; a special 'wrap' that almost instantly changes the colour of their car.
London-based Creative FX charges from £1,400 to transform a car's appearance by applying a removeable, high-tech, vinyl wrap.
It takes less than two days to apply and is claimed to give a flawless finish, even on close inspection.
The covering is guaranteed for five years and can be removed whenever the owner tires of their new colour scheme.
Already the firm has transformed a Ferrari F430 Spider belonging to supercar club Ecurie 25 from red to matt black, a transformation that came in at less than £2,000.

Read more

helen offline helen Сообщение Пт Дек 04, 2009 15:08 Ответить с цитатой

Nonja the Monkey Photographer

An orangutan who snaps pictures of her surroundings from a raisin-dispensing camera has attracted thousands of fans on Facebook.
More than 4,000 people around the world have become fans of 33-year-old Nonja since her page was launched on Tuesday.
As Sky News informs :
The ape captures her companions and their habitat in Vienna Zoo on a specially adapted Samsung ST1000 digital camera, which then rewards her with the sweet treat.
"Of course the apes don't care about the pictures, they are just an accidental side product," said zoo spokesman Gerhard Kasbauer.
"They just know that when they press the button, a raisin pops out."
Every image taken by Nonja is uploaded directly to her Facebook album via wi-fi.
The camera has a protective cover to protect against chewing - just in case she tires of the raisins.
Nonja's page on FACEBOOK

P.S. Social networks really capture our life- ''More than 4,000 people around the world have become her fans'' . That is dreadful. Уф!
P.P.S. This news does not contain any hint at our theme Photo mum. As I am also such ''monkey photographer''. Хихи Краснею

helen offline helen Сообщение Вс Дек 06, 2009 20:01 Ответить с цитатой

Skinniest house in Britain' for sale at £550,000

Photo: NATIONAL PICTURES

At just 66 inches (160 sm.) wide this house has been dubbed the 'skinniest home in Britain', but its price is anything but small at more than half a million pounds.
As Daily Telegrapf informs: Estate agents are using the property's unusual size as its selling point, and have put it on the market at £549,950.
The house on Goldhawk Road in Shepherd's Bush, west London, has five levels - a lower ground, ground, first, second and third floor, with 1,000 sq ft of space.
It looks set to record a good price as a shortage of stock across London and low interest rates continue to drive prices up.
Estate agent Simon Beatson, of Faron Sutaria, which is selling the property, said he expected a great deal of interest in the thin home.

Inside photo

Charming house in my opinion! Love

helen offline helen Сообщение Пн Дек 07, 2009 13:59 Ответить с цитатой

Indonesia sets record with 10,000 paper lanterns

Photo: EPA

More than 10,000 twinkling paper lanterns were released into the night sky from a beach in Indonesia, setting a world record, officials said on Monday.
The exact number of white paper lanterns that floated gently above Carnaval Beach in the capital, Jakarta, late on Saturday was to be determined later on Monday after Guinness World Records officials figured out how many each of the 7,000 participants launched, said Yamal Hasmanan, organiser of Freedom Faithnet Global.
However, it was immediately apparent that the previous mark of 3,682 set in Colombia last Jan, had been shattered.
Officials have already presented participants with certificates stating that a world record was set for flying the most sky lanterns simultaneously, said Lucia Sinigagliesi, a Guinness judge.
With the night unusually clear and still for the early weeks of Indonesia's rainy season, the crowd cheered as each of the fragile, glowing paper balloons took to the sky.
As Daily Telegraph informs :The flying lantern is a Chinese tradition. It is essentially a paper bag with a block of paraffin with a wick suspended by wire across the opening. The lantern lifts when the wick is lit, warming the air inside like a hot air balloon.
Freedom Faithnet Global said it organised the lantern release as a symbol of hope and prayer as part of annual celebrations. This year's celebrations have an environmental focus.

helen offline helen Сообщение Вт Дек 08, 2009 14:16 Ответить с цитатой

'Marry an agricultural engineer for best chance of avoiding the divorce courts'

Vets, agricultural engineers and teachers are all less likely to divorce than dancers, bartenders and nurses, according to research which claims your job is key to a happy marriage.
Those who work in the caring professions or who have jobs that are extrovert and stressful are more likely to split from their partner.
Dancers, choreographers, massage therapists and bartenders have around a 40 per cent chance of experiencing a relationship breakdown. But also at high risk are nurses, psychiatrists and those who help the elderly and disabled.
However, optometrists, dentists, clergymen and podiatrists are all in occupations which carry a 2 to 7 per cent chance of family breakdown.
Agricultural engineers were the most faithful of all, with their relationships suffering a breakdown rate of less than 2 per cent.
The trend has been highlighted in a paper that correlates occupations with divorce and separation rates, to be published in the Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology.
Dai Williams, a chartered occupational psychologist and member of the British Psychological Society, told the Observer: "This is a fascinating piece of research containing all sorts of surprises.
Researchers found that shift work, overtime and weekend work made no significant difference to the success of the marriages they studied.
Jobs with the highest chance of a divorce:
1. Dancers and choreographers 43.05%

2. Bartenders 38.43%

3. Massage therapists 38.22%

4. Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides 28.95%

5. Entertainers and performers, sports and related workers 28.49%

6. Baggage porters and concierges 28.43%

7. Telemarketers 28.10%

8. Waiters/waitresses 27.12%

9. Roofers 26.85%, and maids and housekeeping cleaners 26.38%

10. Chefs/head cooks 20.10%

Read more

Well, does YOUR husband have a safe profession? Здорово

helen offline helen Сообщение Ср Дек 09, 2009 13:38 Ответить с цитатой

Real life 'Edward Scissorhands' brings new approach to hairdressing

Photo: BARCROFT MEDIA

A stylist has emulated Edward Scissorhands by inventing a set of razor sharp 'clawz' which he claims will revolutionise hair cutting.
Valentino LoSauro says his devices cut hair twice as fast as normal scissors.
As Daily Telegraph informs : Mr LoSauro spent two years and £150,000 developing his invention.
"I am a pianist as well as a hairdresser and wanted to combine that light fingered touch with my styling.
"So the 'Clawz' were born as a simple idea to bring a musicality to hair styling.
"It took me a couple of years from the launch of the prototype in around 2001 to become really proficient with them," said Valentino.
Having begun selling his 'Clawz' in 2001, Valentino has managed to sell 30,000 pairs at £60 each.
"Most customers are a bit apprehensive at first when they see my smiling face with my razor sharp fingers." Хихи

helen offline helen Сообщение Чт Дек 10, 2009 12:43 Ответить с цитатой

Spiral UFO puts Norway in a spin

A MYSTERIOUS giant spiral of light that dominated the sky over Norway this morning has stunned experts — who believe the space spectacle is an entirely new astral phenomenon.
Thousands of awe-struck Norwegians bombarded the Meteorological Institute to ask what the incredible light — that could be seen in the pre-dawn sky for hundreds of miles — could possibly be.
The phenomenon has been dubbed 'Star-Gate' — as the world's top scientists and the military lined up to admit they were baffled.

More info & photo

helen offline helen Сообщение Пт Дек 11, 2009 13:50 Ответить с цитатой

Thomas the Tank is 'sexist'

Children's favourite Thomas the Tank Engine has been attacked by a Canadian academic for being sexist.
Shauna Wilton, a professor of political sciences at the University of Alberta, also highlighted the class divide which sees Thomas and his friends at the bottom of the social ladder and the wealthy Fat Controller at the top.
As Ananova informs : She launched her study after watching the animated programme, which is shown in over 130 countries, with her three-year-old daughter.
She then analysed the plots, characters and other aspects of 23 different episodes to draw her conclusions, which she then presented at a conference of political science in Canada.
She was critical of the fact the show only has eight female characters out of the 49 who feature.
"The female characters weren't necessarily portrayed any more negatively than the male characters or the male trains, but they did tend to play more secondary roles and they're often portrayed as being bossy or know-it-alls," she said.

helen offline helen Сообщение Вс Дек 13, 2009 19:54 Ответить с цитатой

African pygmy hedgehogs become latest handbag accessory

Photo: CAVENDISH

African pygmy hedgehogs have become the latest must-have handbag accessory, prompting condemnation from animal welfare campaigners.
The tiny creatures are said to be stealing the hearts of rich women, including footballers' wives and girlfriends, ousting designer dogs like Chihuahuas from their handbags.
At five inches long, owners have told breeders they prefer the hedgehogs to take in their bags because they are easier to maintain than dogs.
As Daily Telegraph informs : However, animal welfare experts are outraged that the hedgehogs, which sell for around £250, are being marketed as fashion accessories.
Leanne Plumtree, of the RSPCA, said: "Pygmy hedgehogs are undoubtedly very cute but animals aren't accessories and promoting them as such is irresponsible.

So, girls who are interested in fashion, it is a new trend! Внимание! Do not miss it! Хихи

Riska offline Riska Сообщение Пн Дек 14, 2009 01:24 Ответить с цитатой

Модератор

cute
but puppy looks better Хихи Курю

в начало Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Skype

ezhiha offline ezhiha Сообщение Пн Дек 14, 2009 01:27 Ответить с цитатой

Love Love Love

в начало Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение

helen offline helen Сообщение Пн Дек 14, 2009 13:12 Ответить с цитатой

Rotating house puts family in a spin

As Reuters informs – An Australian family is turning heads with a rotating house that can guarantee a different view every time they wake up.
The Everinghams have been in a spin since they moved into their dream home in the countryside north of Sydney three years ago. They can turn the house to follow the sun without having to leave the comfort of their armchairs.
"When you wake up you do wonder where you'll be facing," said Luke Everingham, a sound-engineer who came up with the idea with his wife, Deb, after chatting with neighbors.
The neighbors wished they had built their home 15 degrees further to the north to capture more sunlight.
The octagonal-shaped house sits on a turntable powered by a small electric motor and controlled by a computer, which allows it move on demand.
The house cost about A$700,000 ($641,000) to build and can complete a full rotation in about 30 minutes.

More info here : www.everinghamrotatinghouse.com.au

Interesting idea...

страницы
1 2 3
предыдущая  |  следующая

Предыдущая тема ::  Следующая тема

Рига, Латвия
СБ, 04/05
ночь

ясно

/images/weather/n_0_10_0_0.jpg
10°..12°

Ветер В, 1-3 м/сек
Атм. давл. 762..764 мм рт.ст.
СБ, 04/05
утро

ясно

/images/weather/d_0_10_0_0.jpg
12°..14°

Ветер ЮВ, 1-3 м/сек
Атм. давл. 762..764 мм рт.ст.
СБ, 04/05
день

ясно

/images/weather/d_0_10_0_0.jpg
19°..21°

Ветер ЮЗ, 1-3 м/сек
Атм. давл. 760..762 мм рт.ст.
СБ, 04/05
вечер

ясно

/images/weather/n_0_10_0_0.jpg
15°..17°

Ветер СЗ, 1-3 м/сек
Атм. давл. 758..760 мм рт.ст.

Предоставлено Gismeteo.Ru

Сейчас на сайте: 1 гостей и 0 пользователей.
Если у Вас есть вопросы общего характера, деловые предложения или пожелания, напишите нам письмо
© ККМ Клуб 2006 — 2022